“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
One of my favorite quotes from one of the iconic and beautiful woman who walked upon the earth “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”-Marilyn Monroe #Marilynmonre #glam #glamorous #iconic #beauty #beautiful #fashion #fashionista #fashionable #Gorgeous #black #white #love #happiness #imperfectionisperfection #Miami #Miamibeach #Miamidade #Brickell #California #NewYork #itsdirtylaundry
Hung out with the lovely ladies from @miamirollerderby check them and the awesome George West on The George West Show! #radio #ladies #rollerderby #miamirollerderby #awesome #TGW #Miami #Miamibeach #Miamidade #itsdirtylaundry
Retouched my nails today! From Sallys pink nail polish called “Something borrowed” and black matte tips from @kocosmetics I love this combination. #nails #girls #girly #chic #beauty #beautiful #fashion #fashionista #fashionable #Gorgeous #sallys #knockout #cosmetics #Miami #Miamibeach #Miamidade #Brickell #NewYork #California #itsdirtylaundry
I’m so excited for this upcoming Fashion Happy Hour. I will be there as Special Guest and I have never felt so excited and special. Come join for a day to shop til you drop and be pampered like a queen. Tickets are $10. May 29th SAVE THE DATE!!!! Instagram: @fashionhappyhour @its_dirty_laundry
If you get scared easily, I recommend you don’t watch this.
American Horror Story Season 3: Coven Teaser #2 “Pins & Needles”
Beach Bunny Swimwear (black with golden lace)
Victoria’s Secret Monokini *Candice Swanepoel* (white with golden sequence)